[Openswan Users] Routing Issue

David McCullough david_mccullough at mcafee.com
Tue Jun 5 19:18:14 EDT 2012

Jivin Luis Nagaki lays it down ...
> How do i turn it on? Ive looked around for this option w no luck :/

You need to set "dpdaction" to restart_by_peer for any end-points
with "auto = start",  and set it to "clear" for any with "auto = add".

The basic idea is that if the end point you are configuring knows the IP
address of the remote end point,  then you want restart_by_peer,  otherwise
you want clear.

You can change the timesouts for DPD if you want but I would just go with
the defaults for now,  see here:

	http://linux.die.net/man/5/ipsec.conf

Look for dpddelay, dpdtimeout and dpdaction.

Cheers,
Davidm