[Openswan Users] Openswan:Ikev2:received packet that claimed to be (I)nitiator, but rcookie is not zero?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Feb 29 10:55:10 EST 2012

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, SaRaVanAn wrote:

> Hi,
>    I tried negotiating IKEv2 in openswan, but i am getting the below error message. Please find the logs below
>
> received packet that claimed to be (I)nitiator, but rcookie is not zero?
> Feb 28 21:51:38 uxchas233 pluto[8164]: packet from 172.31.114.239:500: sending
> notification v2N_INVALID_MESSAGE_ID to 172.31.114.239:500

That is because the original coder for that part did not understand the
specification well enough to understand that was a perfectly legitimate
condition. Lots of IKEv2 work is happening right now, and over the
next week or two will make it into the master branch. It is why we are
not yet releaseing 2.6.38.

Currently, work is happening in another branch and wil find its way back
into master. If you wish to help, and have time to read the RFCs and
code, plese join #openswan-dev and I can assign you plenty of IKEv2
related items :/

Otherwise, just wait a week or two for the ikev2 code to stabilise.