[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.6.38 and Windows XP breaking everything!

Willie Gillespie wgillespie+openswan at es2eng.com
Mon Apr 16 22:53:37 EDT 2012

On 04/16/2012 04:46 PM, Bart Swedrowski wrote:
> My /etc/ipsec.conf file goes as follows:
>
>      left=5.6.7.8
>      leftprotoport=17/1701
>      right=%any
>      rightprotoport=17/%any

My configs have rightprotoport=17/0 instead of 17/%any with the
following note (which I'm not sure if it's an old note, or current)

# Using the magic port of "0" means "any one single port". This is
# a work around required for Apple OSX clients that use a randomly
# high port, but propose "0" instead of their port.

That should fix the one warning you got.

I also have a note with the following settings:
# Apple iOS doesn't send delete notify so we need dead peer detection
# to detect vanishing clients

	dpddelay=10
	dpdtimeout=90
	dpdaction=clear