[Openswan Users] L2TP-PSK to iPhone/OSX/Win7

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Wed Sep 28 10:41:57 EDT 2011

To recap - on public addresses with openswan and nat-traversal=yes, I was
experiencing problems with Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion unless I used
forceencaps=yes, which caused problems for Windows.  On strongswan (4.5.2)
with nat-traversal=yes, I don't have to use forceencaps for OS X at all and
everything (iPhone, Win7, all OS X 10.5-10.7) can connect NAT & no NAT.