[Openswan Users] L2TP-PSK to iPhone/OSX/Win7

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Tue Sep 27 13:32:57 EDT 2011

Your configuration would work if you're connecting from a NAT network.
OSX/iPhone doesn't have any problems with that.  It is when you connect
from a public address that you have problems.  You either need to have
forceencaps=yes or nat_traversal off for public to work.  I'm trying to get
both working at the same time.

Paul this issue is unrelated to this bug right?  It seems similar:

https://gsoc.xelerance.com/view.php?id=773

On 09/26/2011 05:47 PM, Willie Gillespie wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011, Pete Ashdown wrote:
>> With some help from Paul, I was able to get OSX Lion to connect the following configuration.  iPhone also works:
>>
>> Any thoughts are appreciated.
> The only differences between my config and yours are the following
> (snipped to just the differences):
>
>          rightsubnet=vhost:%priv
>          # Apple iOS doesn't send delete notify so we need dead peer
> detection
>          # to detect vanishing clients
>          dpddelay=10
>          dpdtimeout=90
>          dpdaction=clear
>          # Set ikelifetime and keylife to same defaults Windows has
>          ikelifetime=8h
>          keylife=1h
>          # l2tp-over-ipsec is transport mode
>          type=transport
>
> You have rightsubnet=vhost:%no,%priv where mine doesn't have the %no.  I
> can't recall right now what that does.

%no = public addresses,  %priv = private addresses