[Openswan Users] L2TP-PSK to iPhone/OSX/Win7

Willie Gillespie wgillespie+openswan at es2eng.com
Mon Sep 26 19:47:39 EDT 2011

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011, Pete Ashdown wrote:
> With some help from Paul, I was able to get OSX Lion to connect the following configuration.  iPhone also works:
>
> Any thoughts are appreciated.

The only differences between my config and yours are the following
(snipped to just the differences):

         rightsubnet=vhost:%priv
         # Apple iOS doesn't send delete notify so we need dead peer
detection
         # to detect vanishing clients
         dpddelay=10
         dpdtimeout=90
         dpdaction=clear
         # Set ikelifetime and keylife to same defaults Windows has
         ikelifetime=8h
         keylife=1h
         # l2tp-over-ipsec is transport mode
         type=transport

You have rightsubnet=vhost:%no,%priv where mine doesn't have the %no.  I
can't recall right now what that does.

Willie