[Openswan Users] IPv4/IPv6 tunneling based on traffic selection

SaRaVanAn saravanan.nagarajan87 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 09:11:35 EDT 2011

Hi Paul,
  I need a clarification on " What configuration I need to do in order to
specify certain traffic has to go through tunnel and remaining traffic has
to go unencrypted(through normal interface)?. Please find my setup below.

**

I need to encrypt only ICMP data traffic and I don't want to encrypt TCP
traffic. Is there any configuration to specify the traffic type(protocol) in
openswan?

I have gone through the openswan code. what is the purpose of this
structure?

struct xfrm_selector
{
    xfrm_address_t    daddr;
    xfrm_address_t    saddr;
    uint16_t    dport;
    uint16_t    dport_mask;
    uint16_t    sport;
    uint16_t    sport_mask;
    uint16_t    family;
    uint8_t        prefixlen_d;
    uint8_t        prefixlen_s;
    uint8_t        proto;
    int        ifindex;
    uid_t        user;
};

Whether filling this structure serves the purpose I have asked above.  If it
serves my purpose,  I have one more question.
Suppose I have given daddr, saddr and proto as selectors, whether all these
three parameters are checked for an incoming traffic to match IPSec policy ?

Regards,
Saravanan N