[Openswan Users] Connecting to a VPN through Ubuntu

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Sep 20 09:46:27 EDT 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Rogelio Alejandro Ortiz Sevilla wrote:

> conn sonicwall
>      type=tunnel
>      left=127.0.0.1

You cannot send out packets with source 127.0.0.1!! Those cannot leave localhost!

If you're on dynamic ip, use left=%defaultroute. If you're on static IP (with or
without NAT), use the ACTUAL IP address of the outgoing interface.

> After this I get the following output:
>
> 003 "sonicwall" #1: multiple transforms were set in aggressive mode. Only first one used.
> 003 "sonicwall" #1: transform (5,2,2,0) ignored.
> 002 "sonicwall" #1: initiating Aggressive Mode #1, connection "sonicwall"
> 003 "sonicwall" #1: multiple transforms were set in aggressive mode. Only first one used.
> 003 "sonicwall" #1: transform (5,2,2,0) ignored.

You probably should set an explicit single proposal on your ike= and esp= lines.