[Openswan Users] Cross compiling openswan for ARM

satpal parmar systems.satpal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 23:54:00 EDT 2011

Hi Paul

I did tried running make install after cross compiling in gmp . But it did't
helped. I saw one gmp.h file in in gmp directory and I manage to compile the
openswan after included the path of it in Crosscompile.sh. Will test the
output and update with results.

Thanks
_SP

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:36 AM, satpal parmar <systems.satpal at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for your input Paul. Please find my response below.
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Sep 2011, satpal parmar wrote:
>>
>>  I am trying to cross compile openswan for ARM Board. For that I am
>>>  following below steps:
>>>

>>  1. Cross compiled GMP.
>>>

>>     c. Created a softlink to libgmp in the toolchain path
>>>

>> You also need to be able to find the gmp headers. Usually a "make install"
>> after cross compile installs those somewhere in your toolchain
>

> Yes. You are right I have not  run make Install. Can you please more
> specific about location I should specify while running make install.
> Will just running make install after make will sufficient. Any config file
> changes?
>

>>      a. Modified CROSSCOMPILE.sh as per my toolchain setttings
>>>
>>>       export PREFIX=/usr/local/**CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite
>>>       export DESTDIR=/tmp/openswan.arm
>>>       export ARCH=arm
>>>       export CC=$PREFIX/bin/arm-none-linux-**gnueabi-gcc
>>>       export GCC=$PREFIX/bin/arm-none-**linux-gnueabi-gcc
>>>       export LD=$PREFIX/bin/arm-none-linux-**gnueabi-ld
>>>       export RANLIB=$PREFIX/bin/arm-none-**linux-gnueabi-ranlib
>>>       export AR=$PREFIX/bin/arm-none-linux-**gnueabi-ar
>>>       export AS=$PREFIX/bin/arm-none-linux-**gnueabi-as
>>>       export STRIP=$PREFIX/biin/arm-none-**linux-gnueabi-strip
>>>       export
>>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/**gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.**3.3/
>>>

>> You left out the line from CROSSCOMPILE that adds the include file search
>> path, eg:
>>
>> export USERCOMPILE="-Wl,-elf2flt -DCOMPILER_HAS_NO_PRINTF_LIKE -O3 -g
>> ${PORTDEFI
>> NE} -I$PREFIX/arm-elf/inc -L$PREFIX/lib/gcc-lib -DGCC_LINT
>> -DLEAK_DETECTIVE -Dli
>> nux -D__linux__"
>>
>> In this case the gmp.h and other headers was installed in
>> $PREFIX/arm-elf/inc
>>
>> Yes I do have this setting in  CROSSCOMPILE.sh
>
> export USERCOMPILE="-Wl,-elf2flt -DCOMPILER_HAS_NO_PRINTF_LIKE -O3 -g
> ${PORTDEFINE} -I$PREFIX/arm-elf/inc -L$PREFIX/lib/gcc-lib -DGCC_LINT
> -DLEAK_DETECTIVE -Dlinux -D__linux__"
>
> I have a doubt here. For me I$PREFIX/arm-elf/inc expend to /usr/local/**CodeSourcery/Sourcery_G++_Lite/arm-elf/inc
> but I do not any arm-elf/inc.Is this something created after I do make
> install in GMP Or I should modify this
> to -I$PREFIX/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/include ?
>

>>>                  from openswan/openswan-2.6.33/lib/**
>>> libopenswan/id.c:39:
>>> openswan/openswan-2.6.33/**include/secrets.h:20:41: error: gmp.h: No