[Openswan Users] xl2tpd-1.3.1 released

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Oct 6 17:16:31 EDT 2011

Xelerance has released xl2tpd-1.3.1

ftp://ftp.xelerance.com/xl2tpd/xl2tpd-1.3.1.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.xelerance.com/xl2tpd/xl2tpd-1.3.1.tar.gz.asc

This release adds the option "saref refinfo" that allows you to set the
number used for IPSEC_REFINFO. This was neccessary because the old value
of 22 has been assigned to the Linux kernel 2.6.36+ for IP_NODEFRAG.

We have now taken the value 30, so hopefully we should be good until we
can get this merged into the mainline kernel source.

openswan 2.6.36, released yesterday, contains SAref patches for 2.6.36+
kernels that use this new value of 30. For SAref kernels based on those
patches, this xl2tpd version is required to set the 'saref refinfo' to 30.
People using old SAref based kernels need to set the 'saref refinfo'
to 22.

Saref is used for Enterprise L2TP servers, supporting complex overlapping
IP address ranges as shown in www.openswan.org/docs/ipsecsaref.png

v1.3.1 (Oct 6, 2011)
* Suse updated to spec and init files [Shinichi Furuso]
* SAREF: Changed IP_IPSEC_REFINFO to global option "saref refinfo" [Paul]
* Updated configuration examples with SAref [Paul]