[Openswan Users] Dead Peer Detection restart causes tunnel to be established, but afterwards cannot ping from either side

Geekman the1geekman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 09:46:34 EDT 2011

Hi Tuomo,

Thanks so much for the quick response. Seems like getting the Ubuntu
maintainers to make a new package available will take some time, but I
may pursue that.

For now, I've stumbled upon the Ubuntu .deb packages on the OpenSwan
FTP site. Going to give what looks to be the 64-bit release of 2.6.33
a try.

ftp://ftp.openswan.org/openswan/binaries/ubuntu/openswan_2.6.33+ocf-1xelerance_amd64.deb

At least this way, I believe I should be able to tweak my
apt-preferences such that if a newer package is eventually made
available on the repository, it will be upgraded for me during apt-get
upgrade.

Given the apparent large lag between the repository version and the
current latest release, I would say that if I ever wanted to upgrade
past 2.6.33, I'd probably end up having to do it myself anyway. So I
see this solution as a good compromise.

Thanks! I'm hopeful this solves the funky behaviour I've been seeing.