[Openswan Users] IPSec Tunnel: Pass through connection not working

SaRaVanAn saravanan.nagarajan87 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:54:36 EST 2011

Hi all,
   I  want to add below three SPD rules.

source          destination               protocol        action
1)0.0.0.0/0       172.31.114.239            any            ipsec
2)0.0.0.0/0       0.0.0.0/0                     ah/esp         none
3)0.0.0.0/0      0.0.0.0/0                      any               discard.

I tried by adding these rules using openswan.  Only two rules are getting
added in Security policy database, the pass through rule is not
added(verified using setkey tool).
Please find my ipsec.conf below

config setup
        protostack=netkey
        nat_traversal=yes
        virtual_private=
        oe=off
        nhelpers=0
        interfaces=%defaultroute

conn west-east
    left=172.31.114.245
    right=172.31.114.239
    leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
    keyexchange=ike
    auto=add
    auth=esp
    authby=secret
    pfs=no
    keylife=120m
    rekey=yes
    ikelifetime=240m
    keyingtries=0

conn drop
        left=172.31.114.245
        right=172.31.114.239
        leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
        rightsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
        type=drop
        authby=never
        auto=route

conn passthrough
        left=172.31.114.245
        leftprotoport=ah
        right=172.31.114.239
        leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
        rightsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
        type=passthrough
        authby=never
        auto=route

 Please correct me if my configuration is wrong. It would be great, if you
help me out on this.

Regards,
Saravanan N