[Openswan Users] openswan and sonicwall psk

Neal Murphy neal.p.murphy at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Nov 11 16:45:47 EST 2011

On Friday 11 November 2011 13:51:06 Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011, craig millar wrote:
> > Unfortunately changing the rightid on the box itself is not an option
> > as it's connected to various other sites and I don't wish to break
> > things further.
>
> It might be possible to change the code. Once there is a good idea on how
> to deal with it. Then change the code in lib/libopenswan/secrets.c

Now that I've had a night to sleep on this, the right neurons fired. Craig
should be able to change his connection's rightid on both ends without
affecting any other conns on the Sonicwall; it's a per-connection setting that
can take several forms. (Selecting the *right* setting can be a challenge,
though; it took me a few tries to get Openswan 2.4 and 2.6 to talk to a
Sonicwall....)