[Openswan Users] IPSEC/L2TP does not work

Tuomo Soini tis at foobar.fi
Sun Nov 6 08:02:48 EST 2011

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 13:08:37 +0200
"M. Theocharides" <m.theocharides at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just bought a router with VPN for office use which runs openswan. I
> am trying to connect from home to my office through IPSEC/L2TP
> unsuccessfully from my Windows 7 laptop (enterprise version). On my
> laptop I have the following VPN configuration:

I'd wonder i that openswan version works at all with l2tp-over-ipsec.

old/openswan-1/README in ftp.openswan.org gives this info:
----
Openswan-1 reached End Of Life on 01-01-2006. No patches or fixes of
any kind will be made to openswan-1 as of this date. Please upgrade to
openswan-2.

If you need assistance with upgrading your product from openswan-1 to
openswan-2 please contact Xelerance at sales at xelerance.com.
----

So you are running version of openswan which hasn't been supported for
more than five years - and which was critical bugfixes only for years
before that. To get support, contact your router vendor.

--
Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>
Foobar Linux services