[Openswan Users] How to config Static-to-Roadwarrior in different openswan version?

takanobu watanabe rreedd555 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 09:26:37 EDT 2011

Thanks Erick and Paul,

But still no luck, I used like that configure by your advices.
delete rightnexthop=%defaultroute from server side
add rekey=no to server side

I did,
server side: ipsec setup start
roadwarrior side: ipsec auto --up road
But result as same as before.
Then I did
server side: ipsec setup start
roadwarrior side: ipsec auto --add road
But it nothing happen.

My aim is
RoadWarrior connects A-machine under IPsec server.
RoadWarrior <--IPsec--> IPsec sever <--LAN--> A-machine
RoadWarrior <----------------RDP or VNC------------> A-machine
I think at first need to establish IPsec,then connect to A-machine.
When I try Static-to-Static,no problem connect like a above.
it is static-to-static conf:http://pastebin.com/d7c2s5Q2
It is strange just one side be %any,then very different result...

Tested but no luck conf.
--Server side--
version 2.0

config setup
  interfaces=%defaultroute
  nat_traversal=yes
  nhelpers=0
  syslog=daemon.error
  klipsdebug=none
  plutodebug=none
  plutoopts=
  handle_delete=no
  overridemtu=1280

conn road
        left=192.168.11.11
        leftsubnet=192.168.25.0/24
        right=%any
        auto=add
        authby=secret
        type=tunnel
        leftid=@dh.srv.org
        rightid=@dh.ore.org
        keyingtries=0
        aggrmode=yes
        rekey=no
        pfs=yes
        keylife=28800
        ikelifetime=3600
        rekeymargin=100
        rekeyfuzz=0%
        dpddelay=30
        dpdaction=clear
include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

--Roadwarrior side--
version 2.0

config setup
nat_traversal=yes
virtual_private=%v4:10.0.0.0/8,%v4:192.168.0.0/16,%v4:172.16.0.0/12
protostack=klips
klipsdebug=none
plutodebug=none
nhelpers=0