[Openswan Users] How to config Static-to-Roadwarrior in different openswan version?

Erich Titl erich.titl at think.ch
Thu May 26 17:38:01 EDT 2011

on 26.05.2011 17:53, takanobu watanabe wrote:
> Thanks Enrich,
>> The log says it all, you did not authorize a connection.
>>
>> For tests use
>> ipsec auto --up road
>>
>> or modify your config file accordingly
>> auto=up
>
> But that logs were shown after your suggestion command(I think same
> your suggest command I did before).
> 1.at IPsec router: ipsec setup start
> 2.at RoadWarrior:ipsec auto --up road7
>
> or I misunderstand ?

Nope, I skipped that line :-(

> Regards,
> P.S. when static-to-static was no problem under same network and machines.

Someone with more experience in NAT traversal might be able to explain,
to me some of the settings look fishy

> --
> T.W.

....>>>
>>> conn road
>>> left=192.168.11.11
>>> leftsubnet=192.168.25.0/24
>>> right=%any
>>> rightnexthop=%defaultroute

typically I _believe_ you would define

left=%defaultroute
right=%any

leave the nexthop stuff away away for the moment
see http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/dev/2004-February/000037.html

cheers

Erich