[Openswan Users] hi, does openswan support multiple instances on one server.?

Erich Titl erich.titl at think.ch
Sat May 21 06:49:27 EDT 2011

Hi

on 21.05.2011 03:02, Spacelee wrote:
> I see that OpenVPN supports this, so that each instances can listen on
> different ports, so different clients could connect to different ports,
> and each of client uses a unique tunnel.
> Does OpenSwan support this?

OpenSwan is fundamentally different to OpenVpn as in OpenSwan (IPSEC)
there is no notion of a 'client'. You could probably call this an initiator.

You can define multiple interfaces on a single host and each interface
can have multiple connections. As most operations are handled in kernel
space, as opposed to OpenVPN, where most things are done in user space,
there is typically no need for multiple instances.

What exactly do you want to achieve?

cheers

Erich