[Openswan Users] openswan and DoD PKI specification

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Mar 21 16:09:24 EDT 2011

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011, Chen, Xuli (James) wrote:

> RFC specifications already implemented x509 CRL versions2 which has new field CRL extensions. Does the latest openswan support both version CRLs? It would always be backward compatible (It will continue supporting v1 when it supports v2)?

I'm not very knowledgable in the X.509 space - in fact I'm trying very hard to not use it (see
current IETF discussions on bare keys versus certificates). So I do not know what versions of
CRL exist and which of those we support. I suggest you check programs/pluto/x509.c and
programs/pluto/fetch.c. If you can tell me, then I will put a note in those files and the
README to list the specific verisons/rfc we support.

Paul