[Openswan Users] Where did routes go with Openswan 2.6.31?

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Tue Mar 15 01:50:51 EDT 2011

Wait, guys, hang on!  That whole routing business happened back in 2006
- 5, count 'em, 5 years ago!  I never suggested Openswan had any bugs in
this area.  And for what it's worth, I didn't block ICMPs in that
situation.  I put in that updown script because users in this forum
suggested it was the best workaround.  I might still have the emails
around here someplace.  It's entirely possible the ISP at the time -
some company that went through Chapter 11 and was operating out of the
Caribbean if I remember correctly - had the problem.  Whatever the
cause, I just worked around it with the updown script to tweak the MTU
and went on with life.

LOL - I have an IPSEC book around here someplace the forum moderators
might be familiar with that suggests to look for MTU issues when weird
problems come up.  :)

Anyway, the only question I posed in this post is, that updown script I
put in to tweak the MTU was a hack and I never liked it much anyway.  Am
I on solid ground if I get rid of it for anything new?  I seem to run
into my share of goofy problems over the years - how would I
troubleshoot potential MTU issues?

Thanks

- Greg Scott