[Openswan Users] Where did routes go with Openswan 2.6.31?

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Mon Mar 14 10:12:49 EDT 2011

> I never heard of tunnels crashing because of a bad MTU. I would not know which bug number that could relate to.

It goes back to 2006 and version 2.4.something and by now it's ancient history.  One customer was doing a Windows RDP session over an IPSEC tunnel.  I shouldn't have said the tunnel crashed - the RDP session crashed.  The whole tunnel didn't drop, just the RDP session.  From the sending PC's point of view, I made its MTU smaller and the RDP sessions worked after that.  So I posted a question about it in this forum and the suggestion was made to put in an updown script that reduced the MTU size on the route for the tunnel.  I've been running all my tunnels that way since then.  All with netkey - but I only noticed the routes were no longer there last week.

- Greg