[Openswan Users] openswan errors

Vivek Sachdeva sharktikon at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 06:41:18 EST 2011

I am trying to get openswan running  in my system which is based on ARM CPU.  I
get a very peculiar error which  states the following message.

“Next payload type of ISAKMP  Identification Payload has an unknown value: <XXX>
“

I did some searching and found that  this is related to certain authentication
error, but my keys on both sides are  the same. I was getting this message using
RSA keys as well as PSK. I kept a  simple secret which is “3333” on both sides
of communication in ipsec.secrets  file. I was able to cross-compile the source
smoothly but am stuck in this  problem. When I type ipsec auto –up linux-linux,
the exchange proceeds from I1  to I3 and there after I get this message. The
system shows that, it sent I3 and  expect MR3 in return but that never occurs
because of this  error.

Can anyone tell me what else I can  do? I dived into the code and found that
there is a function in_struct in  libpluto/packet.c which generates this message
once aft_enum field type is  encountered and there is unrecognizable enum value
that is  encountered.

Can any body help me? I even cross  compiled strongswan to try and see what is
wrong. I kept getting “Unable to  allocate SPI from Kernel” message while using
it.  I do not know the reason  behind that as well since I already have all the
critical modules compiled along  with the kernel. Some one please help, since I
have been trying to install this  for quite some time now.

Thanks.

Vivek.