[Openswan Users] [Xl2tpd] xl2tpd stops processing connect/disconnect requests if host is unreachable

Neal Murphy neal.p.murphy at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Jun 6 18:43:59 EDT 2011

On Saturday 04 June 2011 06:42:49 Andrey Cherny wrote:
> I don't subscribe to openswan maillist, so i miss first email.
> This problem is deffer than mine and i cant reproduce it.
> But partially i understand the reason. So you can try attached patch and
> may be it fix issue.

A couple technical questions. First, would it be worth inserting an X
microsecond sleep before retrying? The reason is that if it failed for a
reason other than an interrupt, it could fail again immediately. A very short
delay might prevent a recurrent failure. Second, would it be worth inserting a
counter and failing after a reasonable number of tries so the procedure
doesn't 'hang'?

It's been years since I worked with EAGAIN and EINTR; some fuzzy memories
surfaced that I thought might be worth sharing.