[Openswan Users] Help with Checkpoint VPN configuration

victorjabur at gmail.com victorjabur at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:33:00 EDT 2011

I'm not an expert on infrastructure. I'm developer and i don't have much
knowledgement about firewall and linux.

I tried to run these commands to open the UDP Port 500.

iptables -A INPUT -p udp --sport 500 --dport 500 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp --sport 500 --dport 500 -j ACCEPT
# we need to allow ESP
iptables -A INPUT -p 50 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p 50 -j ACCEPT
# and AH r
iptables -A INPUT -p 51 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p 51 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT

But the same message persist.

1) How commands should i execute to resolve this error ?
2) What ports and rules should be appended to firewall to make openswan
works on linux, there is any document for this ?

Thanks.
Victor