[Openswan Users] nss DH woes

Tue Jul 26 06:48:06 EDT 2011

Hello Avesh,

Thank you so much! The log I sent was everything that I found in /var/log/secure with plutodebug=all; the only thing I did was scramble machine names and IP addresses since that could be sensitive.

I added a report to bugzilla as #725699, but did not yet add the barf. There seems to be quite a bit of sensitive information in the barf, such as my iptables firewall configuration, my Sonicwall S/N, etc., things that I'd prefer not to have on bugzilla. Would you mind if I sent it to you by private email?

Also, when the problem actually happens, my system becomes inaccessible. I have to then turn off ipsec on the other end. So the barf does not represent the exact moment the problem occurs; I took the barf a few minutes later (with the certs causing the problem still in the database).

As for the steps I did to configure Openswan: it is the standard CentOS 5.6 Openswan RPM. openswan-2.6.21-5.el5_6.4 . So other than fiddling with the configuration, I have not done anything unusual.

Come to think about it - is it possible that this is a kernel problem? This VM runs on a Rackspace VM, with a Rackspace kernel instead of a stock CentOS kernel.