[Openswan Users] DPD and ERROR: netlink response for Add SA esp.xxxxxxxx at y.y.y.y included errno 17: File exists

L Felgr lfelgr at ymail.com
Thu Jul 21 07:35:55 EDT 2011

> On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 02:03:50 -0700 (PDT)
> L Felgr <lfelgr at ymail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've got 2 devices with embedded Linux:
> > Dev1: kernel 2.6.23, OpenSWAN 2.6.25 (I have tried kernel 2.6.17
> > (uClinux) and OpenSWAN 2.4.5 with the same result on Dev1) Dev2:
> > kernel 2.6.27, OpenSWAN 2.6.34
> > Devices are connected via GSM network (GPRS/EDGE)
> >

> Do not try to use openswan-2.6.25 for anything - especially not
> testing new stuff - it's quite badly broken. Openswan-2.6.29 and later
> should work ok.
>
> --
> Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>
> Foobar Linux services
> +358 40 5240030
> Foobar Oy <http://foobar.fi/>

I've just tried OpenSWAN 2.6.34 on both sides of the tunnel with the same result: errno 17.

I am not sure but I think it is useless to test newer versions of either kernel or OpenSWAN in my case.
The problem is in my system. Tunnels are not disconnected before reboot or HW switch off and the main question is whether
IPsec implementaion is able to handle such a situation under conditions I've described in previous emails?

L. Felgr