[Openswan Users] OpenSwan and xl2tpd access to local network

Mr. Gecko grmrgecko at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 01:23:50 EDT 2011

How might I be able to access other servers on the same network as the server with the VPN?

Example, I have the VPN behind a netgear router and I have 2 additional servers, one for SQL and one for the Web server. I have the SQL server so I cannot run things on it unless you are in the same network (meaning the firewall on the router doesn't forward the port 3306), so what I need to do is to be able to connect to the VPN and access the servers on the local network. I am able to currently access the server with the VPN on it, however I cannot connect to the internet, nor can I connect to machines on the network with it.

I know this is possible as people do this all the time. I would think this would have to be something with having iptables forward stuff to the VPN network such as the internet and the other machines on the network as the VPN server.

Would someone ether A, share a link to a post on how to do this. Or B, share their configuration so I can use it for mine.

My internal IP range with the router is 192.168.67.1-192.168.67.254, I tried setting a range from 200-254 as the router should assign people in the network to lower available IP addresses first and therefore shouldn't be a conflict any time soon.

Thanks for the help