[Openswan Users] Ports used by Openswan and enable internet browing from clients

Papp Márton D. marton.papp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:16:36 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 7:02 AM, Mateen Fugawala
<mateen.fugawala at hotmail.com> wrote:
> How do I get my clients to the internet when connected to the VPN? I believe
> that is disabled by default?

If the client is a windows os, uncheck the box "Use default gateway on
remote network" in the VPN connection properties
(Networking/TCPIP/Advanced). Leaving it checked makes the default
gateway points to the openswan box IP as soon as the vpn connection
started. (If you don't want to use the openswan box for routing, of
course.)