[Openswan Users] About SPD, SADB database.

Le Ngoc Son lnson at fit.hcmuns.edu.vn
Fri Jan 14 05:19:10 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have a question about entries of SPD, SA database.

In my understanding, when Openswan starts, it will read the ipsec.conf to
find the IPSEC interesting traffic then record them in SPD database. Beside,
it also records two VPN endpoints in SA database (SADB) after finishing the
VPN establishment.

So, if one of two above endpoints is shutdown, the SA entries of this VPN
connection in SADB still exist, or will be deleted ?

LNSon.

Le Ngoc Son,
Computer Network and Telecommunication Department,
Faculty of Information Technology,
Natural Sciences University,
National University of HCM City, Vietnam.
Email: lnson at fit.hcmuns.edu.vn , lnsonvn at gmail.com