[Openswan Users] multiple questions

Toni Cosma tonisdp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 04:31:52 EST 2011

Hi list,

I haven't install openswan since 2 years ago.
To much time for a pause. :))

I have a central VPN server that runs openswan 2.4.9 and different
locations that are
running 2.4.x based installations. Right now one of my location is
migrating from static
ip allocation to pppoe connection but with the same ip at reboot.

Location A - central and B - client.

A - openswan 2.4.9 - static ip
B - openswan 2.4.15 - pppoe

conf for A: [practicaly is the same conf for A and B right now]

*conn A-B
     left=wan_for_A
     leftnexthop=route_for_A
     leftsubnet=lan_for_A
**    right=wan_for_B
     rightnexthop=route_for_B
     rightsubnet=lan_for_B
**    type=tunnel
     auth=esp
     leftrsasigkey=0sAQO...
     rightrsasigkey=0sAQN...
     auto=start
*
conf for B:
*
**conn A-B
     left=wan_for_A
     leftnexthop=route_for_A
     leftsubnet=lan_for_A
**    right=wan_for_B
     rightnexthop=route_for_B
     rightsubnet=lan_for_B
**    type=tunnel
     auth=esp
     leftrsasigkey=0sAQO...
     rightrsasigkey=0sAQN...
     auto=start*

Right now I have migrated the B to pppoe connection that's working fine
but I need to modify my ipsec.conf on both server's.
Can you tell me what I need to modify the confs to match the new
configurantion.

It would be to hard to migrate all my locations inclusive the central
one to openswan 2.6.x ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Tonis