[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.6.32 / xl2tpd not working with Windows XP

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Jan 6 22:22:34 EST 2011

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, Jai Dhar wrote:

> The ESP traffic then flows on the iPad encapsulated in UDP using port
> 4500 on the server.

> For XP, in the working case, the traffic is flowing non-encapsulated,
> which I'm guessing is why it's not working

Odd. because the logs you showed in the previous mail shows a successful
negotiation WITH NAT set. Are you sure this XP is fully upgraded?

>> One thing I notice different from the non-working log is the following line:
>>
>> netlink_raw_eroute: WARNING: that_client port 0 and that_host port
>> 1701 don't match. Using that_client port.

This is some bug that requires more attention, likely an openswan bug. But
what you see is our workaround for this being triggered, so I was expecting
this to work...