[Openswan Users] Openswan -> Checkpoint VPN-1: Is there any chance of this working?

Clark Case clarkcase at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 20:54:52 EST 2011

My apologies in advance if I say anything stupid below. It is only out of
complete ignorance.

I was lucky enough to receive one of the Google CR 48 netbooks, and I'm
trying to figure out how to connect to my work VPN, CheckPoint VPN-1.
Someone who makes images for these netbooks built one with Openswan (see
duh.org) (really, that is his url). Before endeavoring to configure
Openswan, I'm hoping to get an opinion on whether it is possible to make the
connection or not.

Here's what I know: I connect to the VPN in Windows using SecureClient. In
the connection dialog, there is my user name, a set, unchanging "Token
Number" that I can not change, and a field where I enter my PIN each time I
connect. When I go to Options -> Change Authentication, I can see that I
currently am using SercureID with a soft token.

I reading through the archive, I think I read that connecting using SecureID
with OpenSwan just ain't gonna work. Or did I read incorrectly?

Thanks,
Clark