[Openswan Users] openswan 2.6.33 w/ kernel 2.4.37.9 error about in6_addr inside addrconf.h

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun Feb 27 10:45:47 EST 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, Yannick Koehler wrote:

> I was able to successfully compile a kernel 2.6 with openswan 2.6.33, and
> following the suggestion from Paul Wouters, I linked the
> include/linux/pfkeyv2.h to the openswan version and the compilation went
> further.
>
> It now stops at the missing definition of in6_addr inside addrconf.h,
> would anyone know of the proper solution to apply?

That might be a difference between linux 2.4.x and 2.6.x kernels. If you
don't need IPv6, simply remove the define for CONFIG_KLIPS_IPV6 from
openswan-2.6.33/linux/include/openswan/ipsec_kversion.h

If you do want ipv6, you should look in the 2.4.37.9 kernel and see
where it is defined, and include that (in say openswan.h)