[Openswan Users] Asymmetric routing between Shrewsoft 2.1.7 and OpenSwan

Erich Titl erich.titl at think.ch
Thu Aug 25 13:34:03 EDT 2011

Hi Paul

on 25.08.2011 16:52, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011, Erich Titl wrote:

>> s:policy-list-include:172.29.0.0 / 255.255.0.0
>
> It seems covered by the policy. My guess is that because the remote is in
> the same LAN, it might not hit the routing code, and therefor not hit the
> srewsoft client. (but I have no idea of how they hook things into windows,
> so its a wild guess)
>
> You can try changing the LAN to be a smaller segment and see if it suddenly
> starts working properly to confirm this.

Thanks for your thoughts, why do you think the policy covers it? The
destination net is in 172.29.0.0/16 whereas the source lives in
172.22.53.10/32. They should not overlap.

Actually vlanxx, the transport network,  is a 192.168.1.0/24 network.
The remote is physically connected to the client, but OpenSwan is
listening on a different LAN segment.

Thanks

Erich