[Openswan Users] Testing ipsec connection and confirming encryption

Wed Aug 24 02:33:11 EDT 2011

Thank you very much! That's exactly what I needed. For those who find this post in google, the correct syntax for iptables that worked for me was this:

iptables -A INPUT -s <peer IP> -m policy --dir in --pol ipsec -m multiport -p tcp --dports <whatever ports you want opened> -j ACCEPT

This policy is a bit more restrictive than the one Paul suggested.

I tested it with the tunnel up (ports are open) and tunnel down (ports are blocked).