[Openswan Users] Windows 7 IKEv2 no reaction at all

Mon Aug 8 22:23:05 EDT 2011

I haven't followed this discussion, so if I repeat something you already tried, forgive me.

Check what program is actually listening on UPD ports 50, 500 and 4500:

Netstat -lunp

Also check that openswan is listening on all IP addresses.

Make sure that there are not two copies of openswan running.

Check and see if there is any other security software (selinux etc.) running and preventing openswan from reading configuration files.

Add a logging statement in iptables to log accepted packets on port 50, 500 and 4500. With your logging, you only have the negative proof that the packets aren't dropped - but you don't have proof positive that the packets ever arrive.

Check ARP resolution to see if maybe the packets are sent off into the great beyond instead of to openswan.

Kevin Keane
The NetTech
http://www.4nettech.com