[Openswan Users] Windows 7 IKEv2 no reaction at all

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Aug 8 16:05:02 EDT 2011

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Roland Plüss wrote:

>> We're at 2.6.35, so that's kinda old....
> 2.6.29 is the second-latest untested in GenToo. 2.6.31 the latest
> untested. 2.6.31 crashes though if a connection is initiated so I had to
> revert to 2.6.29 .

-rw-r--r--    1 0        0        11663568 Sep 27  2010 openswan-2.6.29.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--    1 0        0        11677821 Oct 18  2010 openswan-2.6.31.tar.gz

That's a year old, so for IKEv2 and Win7 stuff, that's a bit dated.
(though I dont think that is actually your problem right now)

> Using this Windows Agile VPN thing or how it is called hence pure IPSec
> without l2tp. Used guides to set it up including a strongswan based one
> which should be equal for the windows side.

Yeah so that should cause IKE packets to flow, but it does not.

> On the openswan side I use
> the same conn I use for connecting using Un*x machines. Anything
> particular one has to do there to get it working?

That part does not matter yet, if openswan doesnt receive a single packet.

I assume you did disable all firewalling so you're not filtering packets the
win7 machine sends?