[Openswan Users] Trying to Get iPhone to Ubuntu VPN Working with OpenSwan

Dan dan24678 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 12:28:23 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I'm trying to get VPN working using OpenSwan on my Ubuntu desktop so I can play mp3s off a Samba NAS drive on my iPhone over 3G.  With a fair amount of effort, I have gotten the VPN to connect and I can browse the Samba share.  But when I try to play an mp3 (and sometimes even before I get to that point), I will be disconnected.

I would appreciate any assistance anyone can provide to me.  I have described all my config files and included relevant log output on the most recent post on my blog: http://www.drlongghost.com/wordpress/

I'm also willing to post more detailed TCP dumps or whatnot if anyone can give me some instructions on how to do so.

Thanks a bunch,
Dan