[Openswan Users] 3DES-SHA still supported? What am I doing wrong?

Ben Schmidt crackhd2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 04:23:56 EDT 2011

Hello Willie, Hellp OpenSwan Maillinglist,

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 10:02 PM, Willie Gillespie
<wgillespie+openswan at es2eng.com> wrote:
> I didn't see in your firewall configuration that you were allowing udp port
> 500.  But perhaps you are allowing all traffic to/from the Juniper, I didn't
> look for that.
Should be open, right?
############
router:/var/log# nmap -p 500 -sU hoster_vpn_ip

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-04-11 10:13 CEST
Interesting ports on hoster_vpn_ip (hoster_vpn_ip):
PORT    STATE         SERVICE
500/udp open|filtered isakmp

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.51 seconds

> Anyway, if that doesn't seem to be it, could I also see your log file from
> an attempt to start IPsec?
>
> For my boxes, it's /var/log/auth or /var/log/auth.log.  Sometimes it's in
> /var/log/secure though.
The only thing I could find was in /var/log/messages >
http://pastebin.com/pYXmYLCW

Thanks a lot for your help,

Ben