[Openswan Users] Secrets File

Nick Howitt n1ck.h0w1tt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 09:32:09 EDT 2010

  If the /etc/ipsec.secrets has a line in it "include
/etc/ipsec.d/*.secrets" (which it does by default), then by copying it
to /etc/ipsec.d, you now have a circular reference. Make sure the file
in /etc/ipsec.d only contains secrets or comments and does not reference
itself (in other words get rid of the include line).

It looks like the secret you have in /etc/ipsec.secrets is not matching
so it is going on to check /etc/ipsec.d/*.secrets. If you put your
secret in /etc/ipsec.secrets you could comment out the include line so
it never tries /etc/ipsec.d/*.secrets.

Nick