[Openswan Users] openswan 2.4.x is working but 2.6.x cannot initiate

Roel van Meer rolek at bokxing.nl
Tue Sep 7 02:42:28 EDT 2010

Nick Howitt writes:

> FWIW, on my Draytek 2900 I could only use 3des for ike (3des-md5,
> 3des-md5-modp1024 and 3des-sha1-modp1024 all worked).
>
> [...]
>
> What I find odd is that I had it working with both 2.4.15 and now 2.6.28
> and the only significant change I remember making (apart from setting
> oe=no) was having to specify protostack=netkey with 2.6.x.

Well, as long as I restrict phase 1 to 3des, that's indeed the only
significant change I have to make (other then disable oe). The problem I had
was mostly that something that 'just worked' with 2.4 no longer did so with
2.6, which I found odd. But Paul gave a perfectly reasonable explanation for
it, so it matters not.

> Which Draytek are you using?

The one I am testing with now is a Vigor2200E-plus.

Regards,

roel