[Openswan Users] Can't connect OS X 10.6 with 2.6.29 (netlink XFRM_MSG_DELPOLICY response for flow eroute_connection delete included errno 2: No such file or directory)

Gottfried Haider gottfried.haider at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 14:38:20 EDT 2010

Hi Paul,

>> I've been unable so far to get a road-warrior IPSEC/L2TP setup with
>> PSK working with openswan 2.6.29 (compiled from source), xl2tpd 1.2.0
>> and ppp 2.4.5 (both from ubuntu 9.04) on a machine running a 2.6.26
>> (debian) kernel.
> Try 2.6.30rc1 that should appear in a few hours. Also upgrade xl2tpd to
> the latest version.

I updated both to the latest version in git. 2.6.30rc1 alone did not
do the trick but it works now with xl2tpd 1.2.8-pre!

The XFRM_MSG_DELPOLICY error does still show up in the logs, but this
is only when a connection from OS X gets winded down and it does not
prevent follow-up connections from succeeding, so I guess the error
was a red herring occluding some L2TP issue..

Greetings
Gottfried