[Openswan Users] problem with net-to-net configuration

Gary Long long at magillem.com
Tue Nov 30 12:57:38 EST 2010

Thank you for this explanation :)

I changed my ipsec.conf as :

conn net-to-net
         keyingtries=3
         authby=secret
         keyexchange=ike
         #ike=3des-modp1024
         #esp=3des-md5,3des-sha1
         left=217.128.31.99
         leftid=@vpn1.mysite.com
         leftsubnet=192.168.1.200/30
         leftnexthop=%defaultroute
         right=82.239.74.246
         rightid=@vpn2.mysite.com
         rightsubnet=192.168.1.100/30
         rightnexthop=%defaultroute
         auto=start

I also changed the leftsubnet. Now with ipsec auto --up net-to-net I get :

022 "net-to-net": We cannot identify ourselves with either end of this
connection.

I'm wondering if this is linked to the left/right id options: Do I need
to register thes dns names somewhere else (in my gateway for example) ?