[Openswan Users] Decrypt ESP packets with wireshark for tunnel mode (Openswan)

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 04:32:31 EST 2010

Hi,
This is my last question for the next month , promise :-)

In fact, I would appreciate if someone can answer this simple question
which can save me wasted efforts:  what is the default algorithm used
with ESP with Openswan (tunnel mode)?
is it one of the following:
 des-cbc, 3des-cbc, blowfish-cbc, rc3-cbc, cast128-cbc, or none?

For example, I am using a very simple /etc/ipsec.conf file , like this:
#/etc/ipsec.conf
version	2.0

config setup
	protostack="netkey"