[Openswan Users] OpenS/WAN IPSEC/L2TP

tim marks tsmarks at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:05:52 EDT 2010

I am having a strange problem that I could really use some help on. I have a
Debian system with OpenS/Wan and xl2tp.  My iPhone can log on the VPN with
out a problem.  A tail on the auth.log and syslog show pluto and xl2tp
working normal.  When I try to use any Windows client (from the same network
as the phone) I have no activity from xl2tp;  even running a packet debug.
The debug from pluto looks normal to me.  Almost the same as the phone.  I
am not sure what level of debug from pluto i should look at. I am using PSK
and think I have matched all settings between the phone and computers.  I
can post all applicable logs and configs if anyone wants to see them.  I am
sure someone has had this problem before, what is the main difference
between the iOS VPN client and the Windows?

Thanks Tim