[Openswan Users] Linux (debian lenny) client to Checkpoint Firewall NGx R65 using certificates - secureclient ok, openswan ko - PAYLOAD_MALFORMED

Luca Arzeni l.arzeni at gmail.com
Thu May 13 12:16:14 EDT 2010

Alas,
administrator said that all people is now using certificates, and no
one is using securID, so I'm the (un)lucky guy.

I goggled around a little about ISAKMP_NEXT_N and found that

ISAKMP_NEXT_N is an always-welcome payload_type (Notification)
ISAKMP_NEXT_D is an always-welcome payload_type (Delete)

Now, I recall that I've read that, after a successfull connection, CP
sends some packets to see if connection is properly established. If I
could ignore them, and go ahead, probably the connection would
succeed...
What do you think about this? Do I need to patch openswan to reach this goal?
Thanks, Luca