[Openswan Users] Watchguard VPN with MultiWAN Failover

Volker Dose vpdose at kirchenweg.de
Thu May 6 08:03:58 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am planning to replace three linux-vpn-gateways (sles 9 with openswan)
with Watchguard XTM x23 boxes - the successor of the  Edge x55e. The
Watchguards are able to make multi-wan with two dsl-connections - my old
linux-gateway wer using one dsl and a failover isdn-connection.

The gateways will have to connect top my master-vpn-gateway and build up a
ipsec-vpn (branch-offices to central office) - this worked fine with my
linux-gateways, I checked, if dsl was okay - if dsl failed, i shutdown the
interface, startet the ippp-interface and restaret ipsec.

The watchguard is able to do failover between two dsl-lines (of course linux
would also be) and I am wondering, how the vpn connections will work.

Does anybody have experiecnces with this settings?

With kind regards,
Volker