[Openswan Users] Error ”cannot install eroute” when reconnect from the same IP

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Sat May 1 14:09:45 EDT 2010

Hi,
I too am being bit by this bug.  I read in some post from quite a while
back that after 8 hours the eroute would reset itself or some such,
however, waiting does not clear said problem.  Nor does ipsec setup
stop/start, nor ipsec eroute --clear.
I have not tried rebooting the box yet, I presume that would clear the
blockage, is there another way to remove the existing eroute so that I
can connect with another machine, or some other workaround to this
problem?