[Openswan Users] MacOS X L2TP/IPsec

Anthony Lester alester at free.fr
Fri Mar 19 08:29:20 EDT 2010

Hello Mathieu,

For Mac OS X clients I am pretty sure you have to put something in the
SubjectAltName of the client certificate. Apparently it can be
anything but your EMail is the easiest.

I managed to get a connection working to a OSX 10.5 client using
certificates made by openssl, and it refused to work until I applied
these SubjectAltName rules. I still have problems with my setup (see
yesterdays post) but certificate authentication works fine.

Best of luck

Anthony