[Openswan Users] migrating from openswan 2.4 to 2.6 ...

Toni Cosma tonisdp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 09:15:30 EDT 2010

Hi list,

Has been more than a year since I have installed a openswan on a linux box.
I noticed that version 2.6 has advanced strongly.

Until one year ago I was using version 2.4 with KLIPS because "I love"
the ipsecX
interface. :))
Now I am ready to go forward to version 2.6 but I have a few questions.
My servers[16] are slack based and all my installations are made from
source.

Can you guide me what kernel version to use with openswan 2.6.23 or 2.6.24 ?
And what are the steps to build openswan 2.6 from source after my kernel
is ready[recompiled]
to use KLIPS ?
On a new server I have CentOS 5.4 and I need to add ipsec support, can I
use binnary packages from
openswan repository ?

Thx.