[Openswan Users] What does openswan/netkey by way of a default route?

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Wed Mar 10 13:32:19 EST 2010

Tuomo,

Thanks, but I am not, and have not, used %defaultroute. I don't want to.
That is not, I believe, connected with my question Openswan not working in a
situation where there has not been a default route statement in the main
routing table, and Openswan's complaining on startup that it can't determine
the default route. If all Openswan uses a default route from main routing
table for is to fill in %defaultroute, why does it even complain, with no
%defaultroute in ipsec.conf?

There is no use of "%defaultroute" in my ipsec.conf. There has not been. Yet
pluto is not just working. I want to find the way to fix it that depends
neither on %defaultroute nor on having a default route in my main routing
table.

Best,
Whit